Monday 14 February 2022

WestCoast Creator Blog Hop




It seems a month flies by more quickly these days and here we are at another Blog Hop.   Our team is featuring products from the January to June Catalogue.   You will really enjoy all the cards from my friends on the team so click on their pictures below to go to their blogs!

I have chosen to show off the Designer Series Paper from the New Horizons Suite.  I just love this paper and there are just endless ways to use it with so many stamp sets.   I got the idea for this design from Patty Bennett and she used many pieces from this suite for her card and after I made her card, I branched out to make the two cards which I will feature here.


This is one piece of 6" X 6" of the New Horizon DSP which I have cut into three 2" by 5 1/4" pieces.  You will also need a piece of Basic White 2" by 5 1/4".  
The cardstock is Night of Navy and it is a regular size - 5 1/2" by 8 1/2".  
I scored at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4".    Basically you just fold your card in half and then fold the front piece back exactly in half.    The two inch pieces then get glued onto the card and you can decorate as you like.  I stamped two sailboats from Sailing Home and fussy cut them because I thought they looked neat on this sheet of DSP.    You can stamp the grass, birds, and sentiment using the On the Horizon stamp set.

I featured this design in my Live which I do every Monday so I thought I would see how it worked with ordinary Designer Series Paper.   I stamped the flowers on the middle piece of DSP and just fussy cut them.   I stamped the bird on the middle piece and then there is no colouring!    This paper and stamp set is free with a $120 purchase so if you purchased the New Horizon Suite and some cardstock  - you could get this paper and stamp set for free. 
I thought I would just put Patty Bennett's card here too.   I made this one and used a different sentiment but this card uses a different sheet of the New Horizon DSP and more of the dies from the bundle.  It is a neat design of card which you can see in my cards - very adaptable!
 


Product List

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with the horizon dsp!! I really have to cut into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Shanda! That DSP is my favourite in the new catalogue!! So much that you can do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have ever made so many different cards with one set of DSP! Thanks Kim!

      Delete
  3. beautiful Shanda! The boats do look great. I saw Patty's post as well and mean to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you see a design and just have to try it with different things. Thanks

      Delete
  4. What a great fold and I love that DSP! Beautiful, Shanda!

    ReplyDelete