Thursday 14 January 2021

Garden Wishes Bundle




Welcome to our first Blog Hop in 2021!   I am sure you will enjoy all the marvelous creations of our team. 

 Don't you just love a new catalogue!!  There are so many new sets - it is hard to choose.   This is a set I knew I must have from the very beginning.    It stands on its own but it also will dovetail nicely with the Dragonfly Garden Bundle.   

 Whenever I am beginning to design with a new set I begin by looking in the catalogue.  One of the first things that attracted me to Stampin' Up was their catalogue.   I went to a craft fair and admired some cards.   I was handed a retired catalogue and that was enough to get me started.  There are always great designs in every catalogue to get you started.   I liked one of the designs and changed it a bit and came up with this card.

I started with Thick Whisper White as the card base.    I cut a strip of Shaded Spruce 3 1/2" by 5 1/2" as the first layer.   The second layer is Soft Sea Foam which was 5 1/2" by 3".   Then I stamped on that layer with Shaded Spruce using both the big images in this stamp set.  I cut a 3/4" strip of Blackberry Bliss paper from the Dandy Garden DSP to put underneath. 
I then stamped this image on vellum with Versemark and heat set it.  The dies cut it out perfectly.   It looks so pretty on vellum and helps to finish the card.    I used one of the sentiments in this set and punched it out with the Timeless Label Punch.   I put dimensionals behind it so it sets up a little. 

Enjoy going to all the other creations on this hop! 


 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Shanda! The Soft Sea Foam is such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love vellum on any card. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card..... especially the dandelions embossed in white on velum !

    ReplyDelete
  4. great use of vellum - I do not use it enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous, Shanda! And I love the dandelions on the vellum! I don't have this stamp set, but now you've got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with the comments on the vellum! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very happy to be part of this blog hop with you Shanda! You are inspiring! I love this colour combo.

    ReplyDelete