Saturday 14 August 2021

Sale-a-bration Delicate Dahlias

 

A new month and time for a new blog hop.   We are all featuring  cards this month which are available for free with a qualifying purchase in the next two months from the Sale-a-bration brochure.  You will love all the cards from my team  members and get great ideas for any set you will wish to get.

I have chosen to work with Delicate Dahlias.    I love anything that has to do with gardens.   I plant lots of flowers and tried dahlias this year.   They have enjoyed the heat.  Dahlias are so pretty and come in so many colours.   I started out just experimenting with the flower stamps and getting them to match.   I put black dots on the two stamps so it was easier for me to match them up.  There are two petals close together and that is where I place the dots.  
I started simple and just stamped the  outline dahlia in Gray Granite and then filled it in with BumbleBee.  I love the texture of the stamp which adds in colour  with highlights without me having to colour.  The leaves are easy to add and easy to match up as well.
Then I looked on Pinterest and saw lots of embossed dahlias so I stamped in Versemark, embossed with Gold Embossing Powder and coloured in with my blends in Calypso Coral to match the cardstock.  I used Old Olive on the leaves.
I need to get the leaves a little closer but I loved the effect of colouring in the flowers and leaves as well.  I added  a Bumblebee trinket to the top two cards.
Then I tried embossing with White Embossing Powder on Highland Heather.   I fussy cut one out and placed it on top with dimensionals.  It was quite quick without colouring and looks lovely too!
I hope you enjoyed all the neat cards you can make with this set and the Sale-a-bration brochure has many ideas in it as well which I am going to have to try.    This set is free when you purchase $120 of product from the two current catalogues.
Click on the links below to see the marvelous creations from my teammates.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too.... wasn't going to get them cuz I have so many flowers but saw some of your posts and thought.....I need them.

      Delete
  2. Ohh wow!! I love your options with this set! And great tip, putting a black dot, it makes it way much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marika! I had trouble matching them at first so thought others might like that.

      Delete
  3. Your cards are all beautiful, and make me really want that stamp set freebie!! I love your tip about the marks to match up the stamping!! ~ Kim Kroeker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim! I appreciate your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete