Monday 14 June 2021

My First Canucks Cap!

     
Welcome again to our monthly West Coast Creator Blog Hop!  Our theme this month is mens cards since we are so close to Father's Day.  I hope you enjoy all the wonderful ideas and cards made by everyone on the team.

I decided to use the Hats Off Bundle and have been wanting to try and make a Canucks cap.   I looked online to get ideas and colours and I chose Night of Navy and Granny Apple Green.   I couldn't make the orca so I opted to make the hockey stick.
I stamped the outline of the hat in black and then used the dies to cut out the hat in Night of Navy.
I stamped the end piece on a piece of white and fussy cut it to insert at the end.  I die cut the Granny Apple Green and put the navy piece on top.   I cut the hockey stick out of a corner of Basic White.
This is the card in full.   It is a special fold that is unique but quite easy to make.   I cut a piece of Night of Navy 11" by 8 1/2" and folded it in half.  Then you need to place it in your trimmer and score it like the picture below.
When you score it like this you can burnish the fold and get the card to sit up as it does in the first picture.    It also sits flat so you can mail it.
I used the Designer Series Paper from the Well Suited Designer Series Paper which is soon to retire.   I may have to get another package as I am using it a lot.  


Product List

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
->

5 comments:

  1. I love your card, Shanda! The colours and the layout are perfect! What a great fun-fold, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! It is an easier card to make!

      Delete
  2. love it!! I'll have to give this a try! both the canucks card and the fold.

    ReplyDelete