Sunday 14 March 2021

Beautiful Butterflies on Forever Gold Laser-cut Specialty Paper

 

Welcome again to our monthly West Coast Creators Blog Hop!   I am fortunate to be part of such a talented group of crafty crafters!  Enjoy all the wonderful butterfly cards we have created for you!

I am showcasing three butterfly cards in three different colours but all using the Forever Gold Laser-cut Specialty Paper found on  page 108 of Stampin' Up's main catalogue.  Here is my first card.
I used the Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper behind one of the panels of the Gold laser-cut paper.
The panels of laser-cut paper are 3 1/4" by 4 3/4" so then I cut the DSP behind it to be 3 1/2" by 5".  
I thought this was pretty enough so I didn't add another layer.   I used glue to adhere the gold leaves.
I then stamped the butterflies from the Butterfly Gala stamp set on Page 79 of our annual catalogue.  The sentiment is in the Butterfly Gala set and I stamped it onto a Tasteful Label Die as it seemed to me to be a perfect shape for that sentiment.  The card base is Soft Sea Foam.

This is the same design only using Magenta Madness.  I am not really a bright colour person but the gold looked so pretty on the In Color Designer Series Paper.   I did add an extra layer of Magenta Madness to this card which then is 3 3/4" by 5 1/4".  I stamped the butterflies on Magenta Madness cardstock and punched them out with the Butterfly Duet punch on page 165 of the annual catalogue.   I used the same dies for the sentiment as the card above.
I was going through Pinterest one day and saw that someone watercoloured behind one of these Gold panels and I thought it was lovely so I tried it!   I used Pear Pizazz cardstock as the base.   I cut my Shimmery White cardstock and the black piece just 1/8 of an inch bigger each time.   Then I watercoloured with the new Water Painters on page 147 of the annual catalogue.  One of those painters has a very fine tip brush and it was perfect for this.   I just squished the Pear Pizazz ink pad and the Mossy Meadow pad and then pulled a little ink to pain inside each gold leaf.   Isn't it amazing.   I had a Calypso Coral butterfly cut out with Butterfly Beauty dies also in the annual catty and thought one was enough.   The sentiment is from the Butterfly Gala stamp set.

  Next is a Facebook Live where I showed how to make these cards if you would like to try  these cards.   The Gold Laser-Cut paper really makes these easy to make and looks so amazing.

I hope you enjoy everyone's creations.     Just click on the picture below to go to the next blog on this hop!!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

  1. Oh how I love the colouring on your 3rd card! Brilliant idea! Pinterest lived up to its purpose that time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marika! I would never have thought to colour behind the gold so it is nice to get good ideas on Pinterest!

      Delete
  2. I love all of these cards, Shanda! And what a great video explaining how you made the cards! You have a lovely, calm, easygoing manner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I appreciate you watching the video and your kind comments!

      Delete